The WAPC250 is an automatic on/off water removal pool cover pump. Max. Flow rate is 3000 gallons per hour using 1-1/4″ drain hose. Includes: check-valve with 3/4″ garden hose adapter to reduce repetitive cycling, 25 foot power cord always plug into a gfci outlet, 25 foot “pull to shore” rope included to help position the pump on the pool cover. When temperatures drop below freezing remove pump from service and store indoors to protect pump from damage due to ice. The pump has a unique protection circuit to protect the motor from a locked impeller condition possibly caused by debris buildup or from a frozen impeller situation caused by ice formation. When the pump is activated and a locked impeller condition is detected the unit will automatically shutdown to protect the motor from overheating. The pump will continue this on or off cycle for a period of time to attempt to free the impeller until eventually the unit will remain off for a period of 12 hours checking twice a day for a freed impeller. Once the pump is able to operate correctly the pump will resume normal operation. To reset this delay without waiting 12 hours momentarily unplug the pump
1/4 HP Auto On/Off Pool Cover Water Removal Pump.
- iSwitch technology turns pump on and off by sensing the presence of water
- Plug in and leave the pump unattended for worry-free water removal
- Strainer base filters debris to minimize clogging and keep pump from tipping over
- Energy efficient, high flow, oil-free pump
- Automatic freeze protection within the iSwitch technology to prevent pump damage
- Auto On activates when water at, or above 2 1/8 in. has been detected. Auto Off activates when water at, or below 3/4 in. has been detected.